I was watching the latest season of Modern Family – you know that American comedy series that keeps on winning all those Emmys.
And I was thinking that Jay Pritchett – the patriarch of the whole damn family – has got himself a pretty sweet life.
Its good to be Jay.
And that brought me to the letter J.
I think its the best alphabet of them all.
The Js fill our hearts with joy, our souls with justice, our bellies with Jilebies and make our hands busy by jerking.
The J’s have given us so much, and have made humanity what it is today.
So here’s a list of all the great Js.
- Jabronee – The best insult in professional wrestling, coined by the Rock
- Jabberwocky – Lewis Carroll’s immortal character
- Jackson (Michael) – Singing sensation
- Jack Nicholson – “You can’t handle the truth”
- Jackie Chan – Truly one in a billion
- Jagadish Chandra Bose – One of the world’s greatest scientists – https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jagadish_Chandra_Bose
- Jaguar (the car) – Its a Jag
- Jambuban/Jambabhan – India’s first doctor and the reason Laxman got resurrected – most importantly, a bear
- James Bond
- James Watt – The man who made the Industrial Revolution possible
- Jamaica – weed, reggae, hedonism
- Jane Goodall – A jewel among humans, her work with primates is awe inspiring
- Janine Lindemulder – first woman pornstar with extensive tattoos
- Jantar Mantar – ancient archaeological marvel
- January – the best month out there, its cold
- Japan – do we really need an explanation?
- Jason Bourne
- Jatayu – https://fatunclecheapo.wordpress.com/2015/07/30/the-curse-of-jatayu/
- Jeff Bridges -The Dude
- Jenna Jameson – favorite pornstar of the masses during the 1990s
- Jerking – we all do it, we all love doing it
- Jerome K Jerome – the author of the funniest book ever – Three Men on a Boat
- Jilebi – a magical sweet dish
- Jim Parsons – Dr. Sheldon Cooper
- JK Rowling – Pottermania is running wild
- Joan of Arc – The first French who did not surrender; so naturally the French got scared – a French who does not surrender!! Sacre Bleu!! Mon Dieu!!! Must be the Devil!!! Let’s burn her
- Jobs – a necessary evil, coz they give us doubloons
- Jodhpur – home of the best fort in India
- Joints – without them, we will be worms
- Johnny Depp -Savvy?
- John Terry – Mr. Chelsea
- Joker – the third best cartoon character out there (and the best one DC has ever produced) after Deadpool and Wolverine
- Johann Sebastian Bach – One of the greatest composers of all time
- Johannes Kepler – Solved the mystery of the planets, laws of planetary motion
- Johnson and Johnson – you are born and then you encounter their baby oil and soaps and stuff
- Jokes – where will we be without them
- Djokovich – the best tennis player out there (the D is silent)
- Jordan Michael – His Airness
- Jose Mourinho – The Special One
- Jubba the Hut – the best character from Star Wars (plus he looks like me)
- Judges- An integral part of the justice system
- Jules Verne – father of science fiction
- Julius Ceaser
- Jujitsu – best martial art
- Jungle – where will be
- Jury – a great safety measure to prevent miscarriage of justice
- Justice – a mythical concept, but one which is still believed by everyone
And last but not the least, Jyotika Khullar – the most bold, brave, courageous, valiant, indomitable, resolute and resilient girl I have had the privilege to meet. Its an honour to be considered as her friend.