Yep this post is about those whiskey drinking, kilt wearing, bagpipe playing, golf inventing, Nessi bothering, haggis eating, claymore weaving, unicorn worshiping bunch of nutters.
The world is fascinated by the Scots (they get progressively more fascinating after the world has had a few pegs of Scotch).
And so, after lots of research I have decided to make a list of the greatest Scotsmen.
10. Sir Sean Connery – well you know, no explanations necessary
9. Adam Smith – economics, money and all that crap
8. Sir Alexander Graham Bell – the dude invented the telephone
7. Robert Louis Stevenson (1850-1894) – Author of such classics as “Treasure Island” and “Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde”
6. Sir Walter Scott – Author of novels such as “Ivanhoe” who also “invented” modern tartans (hey I would have included Burns if I could understand even a word of what he wrote)
5. James Watts – developed the steam engine…thereby starting a chain of events which has resulted in the depletion of the ozone layer and ultimately the annihilation of humanity
4. Sir Arthur Conan Doyle – elementary my dear
3. Sir Alexander Fleming – penicillin…..the wonder drug
2. Victor Burakov – a pink man loved by millions, hated by millions, worshiped by Guffers, the closest thing to a living god
1. Dr. William MacDougal – the most famous Scotsman in history….the most recognizable Scotsman in history (according to Times)….and the man who coined the phrase “Cheese Eating Surrender Monkeys”
What? You didn’t get it?
What image comes to mind when u think of an angry Scotsman?
The man who said “Brothers and sisters are natural-born enemies, like Englishmen and Scots! And Welshmen and Scots! And Japanese and Scots! And Scots and other Scots! Lousy Scots! They ruined Scotland.”